Saturday 26 April 2014

LESS IS ALWAYS MORE...FULFILLING! : simplicity and humility

Mahatma Gandhi. Mother Theresa. Dalai Lama. All of them have one thing in common. Sorry, not one, but a few things. I'm not talking about their determination or their compassion towards others. Everybody knows that. What I wanna point out here is their simplicity and humility in living up their lives.

These are great leaders who dress simply, not needing fancy jewellery, expensive cars or big houses. How humble they are. It really inspires me a lot when seeing leaders who put others before themselves, who give their wealth to their people first and be content with the left-overs they have. Their perspective of life is so much different. They are no longer attached to the wants of this world which will fade off one day but instead they have security within themselves. They are not afraid of being called poor materialistically, because they know life is more than that.

There are some leaders in Malaysia that I admire too because of their humility. For instance, DS Idris Jala. He's the CEO of PEMANDU and has a great record when he managed to bring up MAS again after the company has faced couples of issues. Even though he has achieved a lot, a speaker from a summit that I attended, who was one of Idris' staffs talked about how humble DS Idris was. He didn't drive fancy car to work and he is someone who loves a simple life.

Nurul Izzah Anwar is one of my favourite people too. She wears veil and like what I said earlier, no fancy jewellery, or heavy makeup or big hair. What comes first is the people, not her own interest. How amazing!

I want to learn more about these humble people after learning one of the Psychology lessons which is about self-actualisation. A self-actualised individual is someone whose needs have been fulfilled or in this case, who needs nothing. (of course they need clothes, food and shelter.. duhh). What I mean here  is that they do not need fame, or wealth. They already know what matters the most. They are secured with themselves and don't need to please people all the time. Life will be less stressful too.

I wanna make it my goal to live a simple life. Not concern about brands or others' thoughts on me. It's tiring to meet people's expectations when actually you don't really care about it. As long as you know who you really are and stay true to yourself.

~isew_usat
(because I'm taking a break from my assignment, and has nothing better to do) :D

 


1 comment:

  1. isew, you should put some pictures to make your post looks more interesting!!love ur blog.hahaha

    ReplyDelete